Friday, March 27, 2009

My NEW Family!!!!

Alright... for many of you this is not new... but here goes.... I would like to share the BEST experience that could ever happen to anyone. I have known for about 20 + years that I had another older brother. My mother had placed a baby boy for adoption through LDS Services when she was 19 years old, this was of course before she met my dad. She told my father before they were engaged and at the appropriate time she let me and each of my siblings know about him as well. I have always been open minded about trying to find him since I knew this was one of my mother's greatest desires. My mother would have tried to find him except that she didn't want to intrude on his life in any way... I, of course, on the other hand, didn't have any problems doing that. I had searched on several different occasions in searching the date of birth she gave me, but no luck. Then on the day I went to the hospital to deliver Noah an agency contacted my mother. This day was also my oldest brother's original due date. The woman from the agency, Beverly, asked my mom if January 31st meant anything to her and she said yes. (Although this was not the date my mother gave me.) She also asked my Mom if this in any way would disrupt her life (of course it wouldn't) and if she would be open to contact from her son. Her answer was yes. Finding out that he wants to know about my mother's well being and hoping for more was a moment that I had been thinking about for a long time and at this point what I needed to get through losing Noah. What hope and excitement I had occupying my thoughts.

Long story short, we found out new information over the next few days, including his name. His name is Milan... my BIG Brother. No, really my BIG Brother.. he is 6 foot 6." As soon as we found his name I was able to find a picture on the Internet. I had such a wonderful feeling come over me, I knew it was him the moment I saw it. My mom and dad were able to meet with him when he came up to Baltimore to celebrate his wife Lauren's birthday. I was sooooooo jealous. I wanted to crash that party. What I would have given to be at that reunion.




The following week we finally met. As I pulled into his driveway I could see his son Christian at the window, rushing off to tell the family we were there. As I got out of the car I put my jacket on and out comes Milan, standing TALL.. At first I was going to get Carina out of the car seat.. but quickly headed towards him and proceeded to get the BEST embrace a person could ever have. We exchanged glances checking one another out and embraced again. Samantha proceeded to hug his legs as she first met him... it was darn cute. He helped us in carrying Carina in. As I walked through the door I remember hugging Lauren and finding a instant connection. I felt as if we had a moment where our hearts connected. I met Christian who is my eight-year-old nephew and recognized the twins, Matthew and Mark who I had found on Facebook. We had already had chatted a few times and were so excited for the day. Milan's daughter Jenny came in soon after with her husband and two beautiful children. I enjoyed holding my great nephew, Anthony.. and Alliyah was just as cute as can be. I had hoped to get to know Lauren, Jenny and the boys more, but did not as much as I would have liked to. Don't get me wrong... they are absolutely WONDERFUL... I could tell what a wonderful and spiritual family Milan has, but my time was occupied hugging and getting attention from my "BIG Brother." We had many wonderful and spiritual moments. I felt as if I had known this man forever. I felt such a connection and enjoyed every moment we were together. He made over me something "terrible"... (not terrible in my case.. it was GREAT). I felt bad for everyone else because I just was eating it up. I Love All my siblings.. Milan is a part of that now and I am forever GRATEFUL to have him and his family as a part of my life. We had a wonderful visit, wonderful food and wonderful conversations, I could NEVER in my wildest dreams ever thought about a better reunion as it was. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for making this Dream a reality, whether it was a prompting, whether or not it was all a timing situation.... I will be forever grateful for one of the HAPPIEST moments of my LIFE!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

I can't wait to meet him at church!!! He's a blessing in your life, but the exact opposite is true too; you're a blessing in his life! You can never have too much family!

KAT said...

What an exciting reunion! It's wonderful that you were all so open to meeting one another and that it was so positive.

Sarah Mae said...

How awesome for you guys! What great timing to have this blessing for you!

Maria said...

what a neat story. Congrats on the family expansion.